Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Juicing for Chronic Fatigue Day Mid Three Update

FOR MY ART FOLLOWERS:  I will be posting more art info soon.  Right now I am documenting this fast, but will resume calls and interviews soon, I promise!

Update Mid Day Three!

Holy Cow Pie Plates and Thistles!  I am having a mid afternoon high.  I am on the latter part of day three on my juice fast and I am starting to feel good, like an overall relaxation.  This on the heels of feeling like dog shit last night.  I didn't know if I could keep on going. Juice Detoxing is not for the faint of heart. I had a really dizzy weird episode during a movie we went to last night and by the time I went to bed I felt worse. I have been waiting and waiting for the so called "burst" of energy.  By golly, I think I have gotten it!  If I can keep feeling like this, I will easily make my 7 day mark and might go on to 15 day.  I read a really interesting article about the stages your body goes through during detox. Here it is if anyone is interested. http://www.juicefasting.org/detox.htm

Since I am juicing for health reasons I may go on past 7 days to achieve full benefits. 

Some reflections about myself and the process.  

Juice fasting is not easy
Juice fasting takes prep work and planning
My cooking ability helps make pretty good juice
Always have an emergency snack when you go out of the house while juice fasting. (Obviously you don't want to eat it, but it will beat anything you can find out in a pinch)
I don't like raw juiced spinach that much
Kale is winner
I can sustain uncomfortable situations and make it through
I have will power, and I am using it.

 Another thing I learned is to watch out when juicing Beets.  They are super powerful detoxifiers and they can make you sick.  Here is an article on Beet juicing. http://www.juicingbook.com/vegetables/beet

 Here is an afternoon juice recipe for you.  This was delicious and just the pick me up I needed!

Afternoon Carrot Love




1lemon
1orange
4 carrots
2 handfuls of cilantro
1cucumber
1 apple
5 celery stalks



The usual info I include! 
So if you've been keeping up, I've started juicing for health reasons. I have had a fatigue problem for a long time, but it's gotten worse and now I can't even exercise. This is the worst for me, as I love to be active. I watched the movie Fat, Sick, & Nearly Dead and was immediately motivated to start juicing.

My plan right now is to do this for 7 days. I've been to the doctor and most everything shows up fine, that's why I'm taking this approach. You should always consult a doctor if you plan on doing any plan like this. I have a physician on duty ;).


If you are interested in process from day one you can click here:   http://arthash.blogspot.com/search/label/Chronic%20Fatigure

No comments:

Post a Comment