Thursday, July 14, 2011

Mexican potato salad

So I've gotten with the birthday program-- I'm Celebrating. I figured the best thing to do was have a party at home. Something chill and beer-y. I also decided (because I'm nuts) that I should cook the entire meal for around thirty people. So, what am I making? Braised brisket tacos, Mexican potato salad, sweet coleslaw, queso and Mexican rice.

I started the potatoes today.

10 lbs of red potatoes
2/3 of a 64 ounce mayo
1 package of peas thawed
2 cans of cooked carrots drained
1 bunch of chopped green onion
3/4 of a jar of El Phoenix hot sauce
Salt and Pepper to taste

Chop the potatoes into small cubes. (damn that took a the longest)

Boil until soft. Mix in all of the other ingredients and chill overnight. Make sure you have a large pot and a large mixing bowl!

This Should serve 25 to 30 people.

Serve at your art show ;)

Enjoy!






















1 comment: