Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Travel Areias do Seixo Costa de Prata, Portugal

There is not really anything that I enjoy more than traveling.  I haven't had a chance to go to as many places as I like this year, but I am always searching for new an interesting places to stay. 

When I do plan a trip, I spend literally hours scouring the net finding the best places to go.  I also have a budget in mind so I take advantage of tricks such as last minute bookings, air and hotel deals.  If you do not have a frequent flyer account, you should get one.  You don't need to be flying all the time, but you will get emails about airline deals. Right now American is having their $39 each way flight special from Dallas. That's pretty dang good. 

I also have quite a few websites that I frequent when I am looking into travel.  One of them is i-escape.  I love this site because it features boutique hotels.  I am a HUGE fan of small fabulous hotels. They are usually priced well, and offer gorgeous comfortable accommodations.  They also usually have a level of service that is unparalleled by larger establishments.


Here is my dream hotel for the week from i-escape.  Enjoy!

Areias do Seixo Costa de Prata, Portugal










The apotheosis of eco chic: a stunning hotel on the beach, just 35 minutes from Lisbon, plus self-catering villas sleeping 2-7
Upmarket eco design has been around for a while, but Areias do Seixo blows everything we’ve seen out of the water. Just months after opening, this small hotel on Portugal’s west coast made it on to Conde Nast Traveler (US)’s 2011 Hot List - and it's easy to see why.

The 10 romantic rooms are blindingly unique, taking the colours and designs of India and Morocco as a starting point, and blending them with modern minimalism and imagination to create beautiful colour schemes, extraordinary mod cons and irresistible bathrooms. There are beds framed with driftwood; warm gold Chinese cabinets; pod-like woodburners suspended from the ceilings, and burnished silver lamps. For those wanting privacy, there are 4 self-catering villas and a penthouse, each sleeping up to 7.

There's a restaurant and bar featuring the hotel's organic produce, decking leading to sand dunes and the Atlantic, an Ayurvedic spa and an outdoor heated pool. And when you arrive, you'll be greeted by your hosts with a glass of local wine in their unique firepit area. Unusual, yes, but how better to begin your stay in one of Europe’s most original hotels? We can’t wait to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment