Thursday, July 28, 2011

Artist Interview: Andres Hurtado



What is your name: Andres Hurtado

Do you have a formal art education or are you a self taught artist:  I started painting and drawing very young, I think 4 or 5 and never stoped. I went to art school and got my degree in Industrial Design, wich made a big impact on my style.

What is the style of your pieces: I think my style is a combination of surrealism with bio-organic-mechanical love painting landscapes, what I paint is a reflection of what i see inside myself, sometimes is dark sometimes is light, I get my inspiration from feelings and sensations.

What is the medium in which you work:  Mostly I use acrylics and oil on canvas or canvas boards, and skin!!!

What started you on your path as an artist: I think that I found it easy to show feelings or thoughts drawing on a piece of paper or canvas.

What is one of the most important things that art has brought to your life: Peace of mind. Art gave me the possibility to live and support my family doing something that I love and feel.

What is your favorite genre of art besides the one you work in: Music, i play bass and Tattooing!!!

Do you have art showings, and if so what are they typically like: I have participated in some group art exhibits, not too many, but I love to see people's reactions and feedback.

Do you have a certain set of clothes you make art in: Just my camouflage pants!!

 What has been the most frustrating part of being an artist:  Just people not taking what I do seriously or not respecting my lifestyle, as simple as that, some people think that art is a hobby and they treat artist and art like that. Shame on them. But other than that life is beautiful.

What is your favorite sandwich of all time: "Choripan", it's an Argentinian sausage on french bread!!

Has this year brought about any changes in your work, and if so what are they: 2011 is the year that I realize that painting completes me, i can't live without it. I think it might be a huge turning point in my life.

Who is your favorite artist alive or dead: Salvador Dali 


Do you have any animals, and what do they think of your work: I Have two Yorkies that I don't think they like my work.

Do you have any upcoming exhibitions you would like to share with us: Nothing yet but I'm looking forward to show my artwork, and share with other artist.


No comments:

Post a Comment