Saturday, August 7, 2010

Artist Interview: Madhushree Muchhal




What is your name: 
 Madhushree Muchhal

Do you have a formal art education or are you a self taught artist: 
 Self-taught

What is the style of your pieces:
 Abstract

What is the medium in which you work: 
 Mixed Media

What started you on your path as an artist: 
 I started painting at school as a hobby. I started by painting figures and landscapes in oil and also explored Chinese watercolor paintings

What is one of the most important things that art has brought to your life: 
 A sense of peace and purpose. I feel a strong force inside me when I sit to paint with my color, canvas and brushes

What is your favorite genre of art besides the one you work in: 
 Figurative 

Do you have art showings, and if so what are they typically like: 
  I have had many solo and group shows at galleries in UK, US, India.

Do you have a certain set of clothes you make art in: 
Not exactly 

What has been the most frustrating part of being an artist?
 The fact that at times you need to focus on marketing the art too! 

What is your favorite sandwich of all time: 
 Veggie sub 

Has this year brought about any changes in your work, and if so what are they: 
 More abstraction to my works and I have evolved with the colors being merged

Who is your favorite artist alive or dead: 
Pablo Picasso
 
What is the most moving piece of artwork that you have seen in person:
 MonaLisa
Do you have any animals, and what do they think of your work: 
 No

Do you have any upcoming exhibitions you would like to share with us: 
 Solo show at Jehangir, Mumbai (one of the most renowned gallery in India) 

http://madhushreemuchhal.com/                            
madhumuchhal@gmail.com 

1 comment: