Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Artist Interviews: Rory D.L. Moorer



What is your name: 
Rory D.L. Moorer

Do you have a formal art education or are you a self taught artist: 
I attended art school so briefly that, I think of myself primarily as a self taught artist.

What is the style of your pieces:
Expressionism

What is the medium in which you work:
Acrylics & Oil Pastels primarily. 

What started you on your path as an artist: 
Television & reading books growing up started me down the path
of imagination and creativity.

What is one of the most important things that art has brought to your life: 
Joy, would be the first word or thing that first pops into my mind. Art has provided me
a special platform to share, and express what I see and feel and that again brings me joy.

What is your favorite genre of art besides the one you work in:
As a lover of movies and theater I would have to say Cinematic Arts.

Do you have art showings, and if so what are they typically like: 
Yes I do and typically they are places I oftentimes exchange ideas with 
fellow artist, ethusiast, and collectors.

Do you have a certain set of clothes you make art in: 
Yes I have an old t-shirt and a pair of worn out paint covered jogging pants that I like to paint in.

What has been the most frustrating part of being an artist?
Merging the artistic vision with the actual physical work and making them become a reality.

What is your favorite sandwich of all time: 
Tuna

Has this year brought about any changes in your work, and if so what are they: 
Yes slight changes have emerged, I no longer overwork the textures until they are so smooth
I leave things more organic, & open-ended allowing the viewer to draw their own conclusions.
I have been more expierimental in themes and techniques as well I like to incorporate more
than one medium into my paintings when possible.

Who is your favorite artist alive or dead: 
Andrew Wyeth

What is the most moving piece of artwork that you have seen in person:
Salvador Dali's  Persistence of Memory I was floored by it, seeing that painting made
me want to do art alot bolder.

Do you have any animals, and what do they think of your work: 
Yes, a small dog,...I'm not sure what he would think I think I heard dogs are colorblind if
that is true, my paintings would probably look pretty flat unimpressive to him.

Do you have any upcoming exhibitions you would like to share with us: 
I'm currently working on alot of new paintings for a year end solo show in December no specific date yet.


www.rorymoorer.com      
rorymoorer@comcast.net                 

No comments:

Post a Comment