Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Artist Interview: Lesli Marshall


 
 
 
What is your name: Lesli Marshall 

Do you have a formal art education or are you a self taught artist:
I have an Associates of Art Degree from Brookhaven College but mostly self taught.
What is the style of your pieces: Mixed Media
What is the medium in which you work:  Oil, Acrylic, Compressed Charcoal, Wire, Fabric
 
What started you on your path as an artist:  Having an outlet for expression and creativity
What is one of the most important things that art has brought to your life: Art has become my life...it is what I crave and think about all day.  It has brought a since of being and what my purpose is.
What is your favorite genre of art besides the one you work in: Installations
 
Do you have art showings, and if so what are they typically like: Yes I have done many different styles of showings.  Some in galleries and others for events.  My favorite show is the Ebby Halliday event I have done the last 3 years.  We have models walk a runway to music carrying art and it all has a theme.  It is such a great way to portray my work and engage the audience to experience it in another way.
 
Do you have a certain set of clothes you make art in: I like to dress in character...one day I'll be an Indian with war paint and others I will be a 50's pin up.
 
What has been the most frustrating part of being an artist? Getting more exposure...trying to do it on your own is hard.

What is your favorite sandwich of all time: Chicken salad on an everything bagel.

Has this year brought about any changes in your work, and if so what are they: This year so far I have made a few changes:  moved to a new city, renting studio space, trying to get taken on by an art publishing group and doing as many shows as possible.
 
Who is your favorite artist alive or dead Basquiat

What is the most moving piece of artwork that you have seen in person: In person would have to be Anselm Kiefer's - Book with Wings



Do you have any animals, and what do they think of your work:  I have a French Bulldog named Oswald Jenkins....he loves it I think!
Do you have any upcoming exhibitions you would like to share with us:  I just had a large showing with RAW Showcase in Austin, Texas and I am getting ready to have a show this Friday, May 6th, 2011 at Spiderhouse in Austin, Texas.
 


www.yessy.com/leslimarshall             
lesli@articulationart.com

1 comment:

  1. You are one talented and inspiring woman to know...Love all that you do!

    ReplyDelete