Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Artist Interview: Teri Levine







What is your name: Teri Levine

Do you have a formal art education or are you a self taught artist: Self-taught artist with continuing education classes at various schools and centers.


What is the style of your pieces: Mostly contemporary abstract but have done realistic landscape, still life, and animals.


What is the medium in which you work: Mostly in oils but sometimes mixed media (oils and acrylics).


What started you on your path as an artist: I've always doodled and loved to draw but it was my brother's untimely death that lead me to take painting seriously.


What is one of the most important things that art has brought to your life:  My family


What is your favorite genre of art besides the one you work in: I appreciate all styles of art.


Do you have art showings, and if so what are they typically like: I've done exhibitions at Art Studio International, here in Atlanta, and my experience was mostly positive.  I was featured in one show and declined to be represented in another, I exhibited at Fine Line Gallery, and the reception was excellent.  I have done several festivals and am featured in several art galleries both nationally and internationally.  I also have a gallery booth at Dupre's Art Forum in Marietta, GA.


Do you have a certain set of clothes you make art in: I wear casual clothes with a smock over it.


What has been the most frustrating part of being an artist? Sometimes the isolation.


What is your favorite sandwich of all time:  Roast beef


Has this year brought about any changes in your work, and if so what are they: I've used more color and broader strokes in my paintings.  I'm blending Cubism with more contemporary styles.


Who is your favorite artist alive or dead:  Gauguin and Picasso


What is the most moving piece of artwork that you have seen in person:
Mona Lisa


Do you have any animals, and what do they think of your work:  I have a goldfish who doesn't care about art.

 
Do you have any upcoming exhibitions you would like to share with us: Agora Gallery exhibition.  Atlanta Artists Center.



                  

No comments:

Post a Comment