Friday, April 29, 2011

Artist Interview: Dani Bravo




What is your name: Dani Bravo

Do you have a formal art education or are you a self taught artist: I am a self taught artist! I just started painting around 8 months ago. Its something I always wanted to do but never thought I was good enough. But after a lot of life experiences it was something I needed to do.

What is the style of your pieces:My pieces are very colorful and intended to bring out the emotions that can be represented in color.

What is the medium in which you work: In general I use oil paints but also use acrylics,water based, and magic markers in my pieces. And I love to paint on cardboard and canvas.

What started you on your path as an artist: I started off as a musician and through learning about my self and my soul through my music realized I could represent myself and my emotions through colors in a way that is completely unique from musical expression.

What is one of the most important things that art has brought to your life: My art has brought me a sense of completion as a human being. It has given me a sense of identity and a sense of doing what I was born to do. And in that way it has given me a tremendous amount of peace of mind.

What is your favorite genre of art besides the one you work in:My favorite genre of art besides the one I work in has to be photography. I love photography because unlike painting where painting is when you take what is inside of you and you bring it out into the physical world, photography works in the opposite sense where it takes what is in the physical world and is transformed into the spiritual world.

Do you have art showings, and if so what are they typically like: I have never shown my art anywhere but intend to once I feel that the world is ready and that I am ready to reveal my art to the world.

Do you have a certain set of clothes you make art in: I always paint in the same white t shirt. It is a plain white v neck from fruit of the loom but i painted the word "paint" on it as reminder to myself of who I am and what I was born to do.

What has been the most frustrating part of being an artist?The most frustrating thing about being an artist is that sometimes the art you make isn't good. And that's okay and you have to realize that that is just a part of the learning process. That is why it is so important to work a lot and to just keep doing a lot of things.

What is your favorite sandwich of all time: My favorite sandwich of all time is the peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Without a doubt.

Has this year brought about any changes in your work, and if so what are they:This year has definitely made a huge difference in my work. I feel like I have always been scared to stretch the boundaries of my art but I now realize that their are no boundaries, and as long as I reflect my light honestly then I will produce something I am proud of.

Who is your favorite artist alive or dead: My favorite artist of all time is Vasily Kandinsky. I just love how whenever you see a painting of his you automatically love it. You don't really know what you are looking at, you don't understand it, but you know that you love it and that is something I aspire to achieve with my art.

What is the most moving piece of artwork that you have seen in person: The most inspiring art I have seen in person is the art of Vasily Kandinsky at the Googenheim. It is just unbelievably good.

Do you have any animals, and what do they think of your work:I don't have any pets unless you consider my father an animal. In that case my father is my biggest fan:)

Do you have any upcoming exhibitions you would like to share with us: I do not have any upcoming exhibitions in the near future but I plan to change that once the stars are aligned.


No comments:

Post a Comment