Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Artist Interview: DJ Naehritz


What is your name: DJ Naehritz

Do you have a formal art education or are you a self taught artist: I am a self taught artist.

What is the style of your pieces: Abstract

What is the medium in which you work: Mixed Media

What started you on your path as an artist: In one sense or another I’ve been an artist since I was born.

What is one of the most important things that art has brought to your life: fulfillment

What is your favorite genre of art besides the one you work in: Precisionism

Do you have art showings, and if so what are they typically like: Yes, I have showings at Art 251 in Keller and private party showings.

Do you have a certain set of clothes you make art in: My pajamas

What has been the most frustrating part of being an artist? Marketing my artwork

What is your favorite sandwich of all time: Chicken Salad without a lot of mayonese on seven grain bread

Has this year brought about any changes in your work, and if so what are they: I’ve been evolving to different stages about every four pictures.

Who is your favorite artist alive or dead: Jackson Pollock & Georgia O’Keeffe

What is the most moving piece of artwork that you have seen in person: Red Canna by Georgia O’Keeffe at the Dallas Art Museum.

Do you have any animals, and what do they think of your work: I have a Schipperke named Abu and are you kidding?

Do you have any upcoming exhibitions you would like to share with us: I have gallery night at Art 251 in Keller every second Thursday of the month.

http://www.djnaehrtiz.com/
djnaehritz@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment