Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Artist Interview: KAISER KAMAL




What is your name:
KAISER KAMAL

Do you have a formal art education or are you a self taught artist: I have completed MFA from Dhaka University ,Bangladesh.

What is the style of your pieces: I describe my work as a contemporary experimental and Neo abstract

What is the medium in which you work: Most of my works are mixed media on canvas.Along with that I work in charcoal ,oil painting and water color.

What started you on your path as an artist: At one point of my life I felt I must do some thing that I feel good to do.Which will bring my inner thought out I can express my self the way I want.

What is one of the most important things that art has brought to your life: Art gave the freedom to express of what I really want relay  and Viewer can translate there own thought . .

What is your favorite genre of art besides the one you work in: Installation and video art ..I like installation art so much this is an art interact very strongly  

Do you have art showings, and if so what are they typically like: I have  4 solo shows and 70 plus group shows in home and abroad .These shows are held in Galleries ,Museums Non Profit place and some Public art project.
 
Do you have a certain set of clothes you make art in: Not really .I wear t shirt and shorts mostly no thing specific

What has been the most frustrating part of being an artist?To be establish as an  artist  take a lots of  Patience.You have to wait for that golden opportunity .Most frustrating part is you have to do some thing else for living....you like it or not.   

What is your favorite sandwich of all time: Grill Chicken on herb bread with lots of green.

Has this year brought about any changes in your work, and if so what are they: I am focusing on some large scale work .The painting I am doing now most of them is 6 feet plus.I want to create a good collection of large scale works .

Who is your favorite artist alive or dead: Paul Klee

What is the most moving piece of artwork that you have seen in person:"les demoiselles d avignon" one of the Piccaso's best piece.When I saw  the work first time in front of me I was stunt .I knew so many detail about the piece. For me that is the first and true beginning  of experimental art.

Do you have any animals, and what do they think of your work: No I dont have

Do you have any upcoming exhibitions you would like to share with us: I have few upcoming shows but those are not official yet

email     kaiser0kamal@gmail.com                

No comments:

Post a Comment