Monday, August 22, 2011

Artist Eddie Rehm “Reveals” Latest Works NEW YORK, NY, USA





NEW YORK, NY, USA
AUGUST 6, 2011
Eddie Rehm:  Abandonment to Revelation
"The 21st century will not consist of perfect execution but of a concept analogous to the moral of the times. That time is now"          -Rehm 2011-
Orchard Windows Gallery
37 Orchard Street
Lower East Side, NY 10002
Between Hester and Canal Sts.
F train two blocks away 
Exhibition Dates October 17, 2011 - October 30, 2011
Monday to Sunday: 12:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Artist Opening ReceptionOctober 21, 2011 – 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm 
Closing Reception 
October 28, 2011 – 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm
This event is free and open to the public
The Orchard Windows Gallery has invited celebrated New York artist, Eddie Rehm, back for his third solo exhibition.  "Instant Gratification Abstract is a term I use to describe my art and the style in which I present each piece,” says Rehm, when asked to describe his work.  Rehm’s art has been displayed throughout New York, Chicago, Milwaukee, and Pennsylvania, as well as many local Art Leagues and Associations.  His work will also be displayed in the upcoming 2011 Art Basel Miami, along side internationally renowned contemporary artists. 
Rehm’s last show Belligerence which consisted of a full gallery conceptual installation, created an aggressive buzz, aptly fitting the show’s title. “With an overwhelming positive response from collectors, patrons, and press publications, I am excited about continuing our artistic collaboration, representing Rehm’s work and giving him another exhibition,” says Dino Eli, owner of Orchard Windows Gallery. 
On the theme of his new show, Abandonment to Revelation, Rehm reveals his impetus:  “My work is my interpretation of today’s society, since I have lived a life that many Americans are also currently enduring.  I have been abandoned, slandered, divorced, bankrupt, homeless, and jobless.  I have recently lost not just friends, but family.  I have suffered through so many conflicting emotions simultaneously:  belligerence, anger, depravity, sorrow, indifference, and pain.  I have lost it all!  So art to me is therapeutic; it’s my way of working through all of these recent personal, but somehow collective, tragedies.  At the same time, each person’s experience is unique, and while I feel everyone can relate to these experiences in some way, my art transcends that experience, representing my journey toward enlightened ideas and raw emotion through progressive thought.  Through these gut-retching experiences or perhaps in spite of them, I am meeting myself again as if for the first time.  In doing so, through my art, I am asking the very questions that most people won’t, can’t, or bury down deep so they don’t have to deal with them.  I am not ashamed of these questions or where they lead us, but intrigued!  Through these tribulations, I have learned that we are, at the same time, our own best friend and worst enemy, and despite this, we can find our own answer.  So I have come full circle and this work is the beginning of this enlightenment.”
If this does not spark your curiosity, then you should check out the exhibition simply to get a forward
looking glimpse of what 21st century art will be.  According to Dino, “His style is unique, raw, and refreshing.  I believe it's only a matter of time before the whole world knows who he is.”
Please feel free to call or e-mail anyone listed below if you need any further information or have questions.  Please contact by e-mail if this release is used for print, online, or any other form of press publication. Thank You.
ARTIST:
631-579-3530 

EVENT ORGANIZER / CURATORHeather Powers
GALLERY OWNER / DIRECTOR
Dino Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment