Friday, September 10, 2010

Artist Interview: Juan Carlos May Nova





What is your name: 
 Juan Carlos May Nova
 
Do you have a formal art education or are you a self taught artist: 
 I'm a self taught artist since very young age.
 
What is the style of your pieces:
I do not follow any particular style but if it has to be catalogued, would be impressionism.
 
What is the medium in which you work: 
 Oil on canvas.
 
What started you on your path as an artist: 
 Probably my recognized drawing skills at an early age was what led me to dabble in painting as a self taught student with the aim of expressing ideas through color more than with forms.
 
What is one of the most important things that art has brought to your life: 
 Inner peace.
 
What is your favorite genre of art besides the one you work in: 
 Definitly movies.
 
Do you have art showings, and if so what are they typically like: 
 
Do you have a certain set of clothes you make art in: 
 I have an old diver that I use for not soiling myself with paint.
 
What has been the most frustrating part of being an artist?
 Not being able of make a living out of painting because of not having selling skills.
 
What is your favorite sandwich of all time: 
 The hot dog.
 
Has this year brought about any changes in your work, and if so what are they: 
 I finaly developed a personal style, wich makes me very very glad.
 
Who is your favorite artist alive or dead: 
Vincent VanGogh.
 
What is the most moving piece of artwork that you have seen in person:
 Starry night over Rhone.
 
Do you have any animals, and what do they think of your work: 
 Yes I have a dog named Homero. Once I painted him and when I showed him the painting he seemed a little displeased.
 
Do you have any upcoming exhibitions you would like to share with us: 
 No, I have none.
 

                        

No comments:

Post a Comment