Thursday, September 30, 2010

Artist Interview: Govind Sirsat

What is your name:  
Govind Sirsat

Do you have a formal art education or are you a self taught artist:  
I am a Graduate from Sir JJ School of Art, Mumbai 2007 

What is the style of your pieces:  
I paint the pictures in my mind

What is the medium in which you work: 
Mixed media, Oil, Acrylic, ink, graphite & water colour
 
What started you on your path as an artist: 
At the age of 6 

What is one of the most important things that art has brought to your life:  
My own identity

What is your favorite genre of art besides the one you work in:  
Realistic

Do you have art showings, and if so what are they typically like:  
No. But I keep participating in competitions here and there.

Do you have a certain set of clothes you make art in: 
No 

What has been the most frustrating part of being an artist? 
Absence of material on time due to lack of money.

What is your favorite sandwich of all time:  
Cheese Chilly Toast

Has this year brought about any changes in your work, and if so what are they: 
Yes. I'm working more, giving all my time to art. My application of paints has changed. There is a different life and lusture coming through my work. 
I have been spending all my time in the studio and that is reflecting in my work. I'm so involved with my work, that i seldom leave it (studio).  

Who is your favorite artist alive or dead:  
Damien Hurst

What is the most moving piece of artwork that you have seen in person: 
Aquasaurus, By Jitish Kallat

Do you have any animals, and what do they think of your work: 
I have a Bull in my village, who ploughs my fathers farm. He doesn't think much of anything.

Do you have any upcoming exhibitions you would like to share with us:  
No.

email: govindsirsat@yahoo.co.in       


No comments:

Post a Comment