Friday, September 16, 2011

Artist Interview: LiLia Estrada

 
 
What is your name: LiLia Estrada
 
Do you have a formal art education or are you a self taught artist: I am Happy to say I am self Taught artist...
 
What is the style of your pieces: I was once told by Patricia Meadows, of the Meadows Foundation, that I should be classified as "Refined Folk" , I very much like that.
 
What is the medium in which you work: I am currently working in acrylics on canvas. I also work with clay and am expert at creating with papier mache... 
 
 
What started you on your path as an artist: I began creating papier mache angels and colorful cats for a small Christmas art sale, at the suggestion of my mother..
 
 
What is one of the most important things that art has brought to your life:  Art has brought me a sense of peace while I create works...
 
What is your favorite genre of art besides the one you work in:  Music would be my second favorite genre. I enjoy all kind of music including classical,funk, rock, jazz, mexican duranges, mexican tribal, India music you name it I probably like it . I believe if you could make  great sound with a comb and tissue paper I would listen to that.
 
Do you have art showings, and if so what are they typically like: I am not in a show at the moment but have been included in several shows...
 
Do you have a certain set of clothes you make art in: No I do not dress any particular way when I paint but I do have to have a cup of hot coffee next to me when ever I begin any art piece.

What is your favorite sandwich of all time: I just love a hot meatball sandwhich with pickles and both maynoaise and mustard...
 
Who is your favorite artist alive or dead: I do not have a favorite artist but do love Folk art...

What is the most moving piece of artwork that you have seen in person: Huge oil paintings that hang in the church of my parents home town of Tinguindin Michoacan Mexico
 
 
Who is your favorite artist alive or dead: my favorite artist alive is named John Nieto and currently lives in New Mexico. John use to live in Dallas back in the 80's. Johns' work is vibrant with colors and very classy. 
                  
Do you have any animals, and what do they think of your work: I have a cat who is part of the inspiration for my papier mache art...  
 
 
Do you have any upcoming exhibitions you would like to share with us: none but will let you know as soon as I have a show...
 
                  
email      liliaartyone@yahoo.com                

No comments:

Post a Comment