Friday, December 23, 2011

Artist Interview: Damien Wake



What is your name: 

Damien Wake

Do you have a formal art education or are you a self taught artist: 

I’m a self-taught person, I’ve learned thanks to books and the Internet and above all, by using tools and software. I also spend a long time perfecting my artistic culture and observing the work of other graphic artists and photographers. 

What is the style of your pieces:

It depends on  how I am feeling, but I think I’m a surrealist artist

What is the medium in which you work: 

Photography and graphic design

What started you on your path as an artist: 

We don’t decide to become an artist overnight. I’ve always been attracted to images and I’m a big cinema enthusiast. During my adolescence, I made a lot of short films in which my friends and I parodied all those films which inspired us. I’ve always felt the need to express what is in the depths of my being. I began painting, and one day a friend of mine asked me to make the album card of his group, so at the time I launched myself into graphic design and photography.


What is one of the most important things that art has brought to your life: 

The opportunity to express what i think, what i feel, what i love, what i hate, what i hope, what i want to change, what i want from the future …

What is your favorite genre of art besides the one you work in: 

Cinema, poetry, music.
 I’m also working on a book titled “Forty niner” and I’m thinking of making a short, 15-minute film. The screenplay has already been written.

Do you have art showings, and if so what are they typically like: 

Not yet but I had a lot of interviews and review of my work in magazine.

Do you have a certain set of clothes you make art in: 

No.

What has been the most frustrating part of being an artist?

Not to be a full time artist.


What is your favorite sandwich of all time: 

A smoked salmon sandwich

Has this year brought about any changes in your work, and if so what are they: 

Yes,  im moving to los angeles in march 2012 so things will be different.

Who is your favorite artist alive or dead: 

Dalí of course.

Do you have any animals, and what do they think of your work: 

I have a cat, but it spend all his time to sleep.

Do you have any upcoming exhibitions you would like to share with us: 

Not for the moment.

Web address :   www.damienwake.com
                  
Email :  damien.wake@hotmail.com                 

No comments:

Post a Comment