Tuesday, October 4, 2011

What makes a painting good...


So my damn computer crashed-- that's why I have been posting less info for you---> not as easy from the phone.

But, I have been painting-->









While I sit waiting for paint to dry I ponder.

What makes a painting good... I mean a good story has irony, and I think that's pretty much true for good art-- except in art it is juxtaposition.

What is juxtaposition? I think of it as two sets of ideas, mostly different, put together in harmony. I may be wrong on this, but I think it's key.

There may be many keys, but this has to be one of them. I've never been fond of the golden mean myself-- so I will subscribe to this new theory I've come up with.

Not that's it's new-- just new in my conscious!

So do it-- juxtapose on-- in your own way.

S

No comments:

Post a Comment