Saturday, September 3, 2016

The Real Art God






SOnia Semone
You are the Art God correct

Ricardo Paniagua
Well, I am actually the real art god which means that not unlike many worldly systems you will be sure to encounter blasphemous material
in the world

SOnia Semone
That's truly potent. 

How did you set out on this path?

Ricardo Paniagua
Yes it is potent. This is what happens when you have a brain that is better equipped than your mom's outdated vaporwave calculator. I didn't set out on this path. One day while in heaven I decided to become the holy incarnated word again in order to prevent the new wave of cuckolds from destroying art.

SOnia Semone
Your art is painstakingly meticulous. Has it always been this way

Ricardo Paniagua
No, I used to buy kiddie pools and fill them with vats of watercolors and splash around in them and then run into brick walls head first. Pain was still involved at that time as well but in other forms.


SOnia Semone
Did you ever show it?

Ricardo Paniagua
At that point in my career no one took me seriously so unfortunately that work was never seen

SOnia Semone
They do now though. You've had quite a repertoire of shows and awards and you aren't really old AF yet.

Ricardo Paniagua
Yes, that is correct. My objects manifest have thus far garnered a fairly noticeable sterling provenance for a high-style outsider. 

SOnia Semone
What's next on your artdar

For my next act I will be executing a performative art piece dealing with everything from selfies to memeology at the Nasher Sculpture Center in anticipation of the highly anticipated Kathryn Andrews exhibit.

SOnia Semone
Can't wait to see it! 

Do you have a favorite piece that you have ever made.

SOnia Semone
Beautiful. Where was this and can you tell me about the piece.

Ricardo Paniagua
Let's not talk about where this was because I only used the space to photograph the piece. This is a 100 foot x 15 foot abstract painting titled "Long Distance Love". I painted it with a variety of broom styles and about 100 gallons of household paint.

The space was only able to accommodate half of the entire work so this is a 50 foot long section of it. The entire work is in 2 sections. Both 50 feet by 15 feet. I painted it on the ground on a soccer field.

SOnia Semone
That's quite amazing

Ricardo Paniagua
It's currently in storage folded up


SOnia Semone
I was just about to type that it looked very love filled.

SOnia Semone
Thank you for your interview! It's been fun. One last question before we go. Are you zoroastrian

Ricardo Paniagua
In a past life while in Persia, I was.

SOnia Semone
May Mazda be with you 

Ricardo Paniagua
I prefer the 1999 Toyota Corolla, but thank you!




https://m.facebook.com/RicardoPaniaguaArt







No comments:

Post a Comment