Monday, June 11, 2018

LINDA SUE PRICE’S NEW MIXED-MEDIA WORKS EXAMINE POWER AND VULNERABILITY

“CONNECTIONS” OPENING AT TAG GALLERY WITH A RECEPTION ON JUNE 16TH, 2018, 5-8 PM
EXHIBIT ON VIEW JUNE 12TH-JULY 7TH, 2018

TAG GALLERY
5458 WILSHIRE BLVD., LOS ANGELES, CA 90036
GALLERY HOURS: TUES-SAT. 11-5 PM

(Los Angeles, California) – TAG Gallery is pleased to feature two bodies of mixed media works by L.A. artist Linda Sue Price. The artist’s works capitalize on an economy of material in reflecting issues surrounding our current socio-political climate. Specifically, Price explores themes of dividedness, interconnectedness, and spiritualism, combining photographic portraiture, chain, textiles representing each of the seven continents, and prominently, the yin-yang symbol made from neon-lit tubing.

In Price’s series Connections, the works’ underlying grid of crowdsourced portraits represents California’s diverse demographics and include those in her Los Angeles community and California residents at large. The artist’s highlighting of differences in race, gender, age, and orientation grounds her works in the traditions of social realism in their emphasis on the ‘average’ Californian. In her series Continents, the works alternately combine indigenous textiles worldwide. Both of the artist’s bodies of work relate humanity’s concerns from local, global, and cosmic vantages.

Price’s works trace current tensions facing humanity and are expressed between optimistic images of family, community, or symbols of culture, and affixed chain link that surrounds each piece. Through the artist’s juxtaposing of photographs and chain links, Price examines borders as objects of both protection and confinement and makes ambiguous the relationships between fragility and strength. Price’s use of the yin-yang symbols are ever-present reminders of the light and dark forces inherent in the laws of nature and invites contemplation about humanity’s role in the small and biggest pictures.

Linda Sue Price lives and works in Los Angeles County, California. Price is known for injecting her personal reflections to stimulate emotion and to manipulate how neon is perceived as a medium. She began studying neon as a medium under Michael Flechtner at the Museum of Neon Art in 2004. There she developed her unique style of bending. Elements of historic neon signs, abstract expressionism, pop art, social realism and graphic design influence Linda Sue Price’s work.

Recent exhibitions include the Museum of Neon Art, Artshare LA, San Joaquin Delta College and Art Exchange in Southern California as well as The Midway Gallery in San Francisco. She has had solo shows at TAG Gallery in Los Angeles. Price shows yearly in a two-person exhibit at the Fine Arts Building in Downtown Los Angeles with Michael Flechtner. Price will be showing at Eastern Projects in Chinatown in July, the Brand Library in Glendale and LA Artcore in 2020. She serves as an advisory board member for the Museum of Neon Art in Glendale, California.

Linda Sue Price has been written about in Los Angeles Magazine, Art and Cake, Diversions LA, We Choose Art, Fabrik Media, Artscene, Santa Monica Mirror, the Daily Times and the Long Beach Post.

Exhibit runs from June 12TH-July 7TH, 2018

TAG Gallery is located at 5458 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90036
Tues-Saturday 11-5 p.m


Art, Art, and more Art

Location:Los Angels

1 comment:


  1. I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure to the Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua(A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid, Dercum,fibromyalgia,Get Your Ex Back, You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this e-mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or call and whatsapp him on +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219....

    ReplyDelete