Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Blue Roof Studios Arts Festival: A Day of Encounters and Discovery

Blue Roof Studios Arts Festival: A Day of Encounters and Discovery
Saturday, June 23, 12:00pm to 5:00pm

(Los Angeles, CA) June, 2018: Blue Roof Studios is pleased to announce Blue Roof Studios Arts Festival, celebrating the summer solstice, will take place on Saturday, June 23 from 12pm to 5pm, at 7329 S Broadway. The festival highlights the richness and diversity of the arts in South Los Angeles and beyond, reflecting Blue Roof Studio’s commitment to fostering and amplifying creativity, connection, and inclusion within the community.

Blue Roof Studios and festival founder Galia Linn describes the vision of the festival, “In the current climate of increased tension and isolation, melting away the barriers is the duty of those who care. We come together and see each other in a joint celebration of art.”

Offering an immersive multidisciplinary art experiences the day will feature artwork by over 60 artists and 20 artisans reflecting the diversity of Blue Roof Studios’ neighborhood as well as greater Los Angeles. Local tacos, homemade popsicles, pizza by Delicious Pizza and other culinary treats will be offered by neighborhood businesses and community members as well vendors from the greater LA area.


Spreading over Broadway avenue sidewalk, Blue Roof’s parking lot and the entire building - The day’s rich assortment of offerings will be a drum circle lead by master drummer Aboubacar Kouyate – whos talking drum can be heard on the Black Panther soundtrack; free cooking demonstrations by RootDown LA; music by local DJ Joaquin Romero /DJ Wordamouph; a participatory performance utilizing three rocking chairs and three people by interdisciplinary performer Nehara Kalev; an Art Makers Bazaar curated by Kaleidoscope Kollective featuring handmade clothing, henna tattoos, unique objects and work by local and LA-based artists and artisans such as Alexandra Grant X-Artists’ Books and GrantLOVE project; art workshops by Barnsdall Arts; CAAM, and Blue Roof Studios resident Beverly Morrison.

The art installations will include: RADIANT a group exhibition curated by Leonardo Bravo / Big City Forum celebrating how we honor the light, our connection to the earth, the sun, and to each other; an exhibit curated by Bettina Hubby from Curatorial Hub featuring a diverse selection of works under $500 by well-known and emerging artists from Los Angeles and beyond; and Kristine Schomaker of Shoebox PR will curate “IMAGINE” a show of works by artists from her community of artists. In addition, Blue Roof Studios resident artists Diana Sanchez, Terri Klass, Jacqueline Palafox, Zemer Peled and Beverly Morrison will open their studios for the event. Guest artists Corazon Del Sol, Marguerite Drexel and Linda Franke will collaborate on an installation for the festival.

About Blue Roof Studios
Founded in 2016 by artist Galia Linn, Blue Roof Studios is a new multidisciplinary art hub located in South Los Angeles that offers a place for artists to work in an environment that fosters creativity and community. We are dedicated to developing long-term relationships, opening doors to meaningful experiences in the arts, growing accessible programs such as free art workshops, screenings, artist talks, exhibitions, and festivals.

The Blue Roof Studios Arts Festival is funded in part by the LA Department of Cultural Affairs, CANNDU/Empower LA, LACI CleanTech incubator, Maker City LA, and the generous support of friends of Blue Roof Studios. Additional support provided by Councilman Curren D. Price, Jr., the California African American Museum, BardoLA, On Broadway Tattoos and social.experiment.

For more information and a complete list of participants and schedule of events,
visit https://www.blueroofstudios.org/blue-roof-studios-arts-festival/
Diana Sanchez: blueroofstudios6@gmail.com
Follow us on: Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BRSarts/
Instagram: @blueroofstudios


Art, Art, and more Art

Location:Los Angeles

1 comment:


  1. I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure to the Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua(A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid, Dercum,fibromyalgia,Get Your Ex Back, You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this e-mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or call and whatsapp him on +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219....

    ReplyDelete